Now that spring is showing its colors, it’s time to show some leg, slip on sandals and hide that puffy winter coat. Be prepared to feel the sun again! Your legs are shaved, and you’ve done your spring shopping, but have you awakened your complexion from the winter months? Here are 3 essential oils that will energize and awaken not only your body, mood and spirit, but also your complexion!
ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- High levels of Vitamin C protect and heal the skin.
- Slows the rate of skin damage from the sun’s UV rays.
- Produces collagen to increase the skin’s integrity, firmness and elasticity.
- Improves blood flow to the skin to reduce irritation and inflammation.
- Clears clogged pores for an even complexion.
- Helps fight signs of premature aging such as loss of firmness, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
- The citric acid in lemon is an all-natural and safe skin-lightening agent.
- Brightens the skin tone, dark spots and scars for glowing skin.
- Fights acne by balancing the skin’s pH levels.
- Astringent quality tightens and rejuvenates sagging and tired-looking skin.
- Tones the skin to reduce excess oil production.
- Contains powerful antioxidants and antibacterial properties to fight acne-causing bacteria.
- Helps ease out blackheads due to its skin tightening and pores reducing effects.
- Prevents skin aging by fighting free radicals that steal our skin’s oxygen.
GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL
- Invigorates and energizes lifeless skin.
- Powerful cleansing properties balance oil production to reduce toxin build-up in the pores.
- Stimulates lymphatic movement to tighten loose and sagging skin.
- Reduces puffiness under the eyes by decreasing water retention.
- Fights acne by disinfecting the skin for a clear complexion.
- Clears congested skin (comedones, blackheads, whiteheads) for a more even texture.
Now, you’re ready to show some skin. Slip on that dress, strap on those sandals and hold up that flawless face as you walk with confidence under the bright spring sun.