These are some healthy options to switch for your Thanksgiving sides!
(instead of Mashed Potatoes)
• 1 head organic cauliflower, chopped
• 1/3 cup coconut milk (from a BPA-free can)
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• Fresh parsley (for garnish)
Steam cauliflower until soft and put in a blender with coconut milk and sea salt. Serve with a garnish of fresh organic parsley.
Green Beans with Walnut Parsley Sauce
(in place of creamed beans)
• 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, unsalted
• 1 1/4 cup fresh organic parsley leaves
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• 1/2 teaspoon Kirkland No-Salt Seasoning
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds green beans
• Pinch of salt
Put all ingredients through no-salt seasoning into a food processor, and with the motor running, add olive oil. Process until coarsely blended and set aside. Boil green beans with a pinch of salt until tender, 5 minutes. Drain and top with walnut sauce.
We, here at Live & Thrive CA, wish our readers in the United States a warm and grateful Thanksgiving day! Enjoy!